Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Hard Surface Modeller for Sci-Fi Capital Ships

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
GroZZleR polycounter lvl 4
Intro

I'm looking to hire a hard surface modeller capable of creating a set of ships for a space combat game.  Ideally I'd like to find someone passionate about sci-fi and space ships in general, who would be interested in forming a working relationship for continuous work on this project and future projects as well.

Ships

The aesthetic of the ships should resemble the hulking capital ships you see in Star Wars or Halo.  Huge, bulky ships purpose built for combat.  I feel the ideal way to build each ship is to consider the weapon systems and battlefield purpose, then build the hull around those systems.  That way the ship feels more like a battleship and less like a stylish ship with guns attached.

Inspiration for quality, style and size can be gleaned from the games Dreadnought or Fractured Space:

More Dreadnought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jDkea7H4g

No animation or rigging is required, however, I'd like to add some small elements to the ships to help breathe life into them with simple transform manipulations.  You can see what I mean in this video here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu8UF0Y3n9Y (skip to 13:00) -- the little details like the missile tube hatches opening, the support scaffolding for the large missile raising and lowering, the recoil on the turret barrels.  Small things like that.

Concept

I don't have any concept art but do have a ton of references and vivid descriptions for each ship.  Ideally you can take inspiration from those references and apply your own creativity to finalize a design.  I find artists always work best when they're allowed a lot of creative freedom.

Technical

Photorealism is the goal.  I'm using the new Unity high-definition rendering pipeline (HDRP), so you'll need to familiarize yourself with how the materials work with their new system.

Contact

Please contact me with your portfolio, how much you'd charge per ship described above and a bit about yourself: recruitment@grozzler.com

Thanks!