Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi all, 

I'm currently in a position where I can pour all my time into improving myself enough to get my foot in the door as a 3D Character Artist but I'm a bit lost regarding the standard of my portfolio. I would really appreciate any and all feedback so I can either tweak what I have or take parts out altogether. 

Here is the link: https://www.artstation.com/leahjanedowney

Thanks in advance! 

Replies

• birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    Welcome to Polycount! Please take my small feedback with a huge grain of salt.

Out of these characters I liked Dra'Lin the most. He's got a balanced silhouette, a nice amount of details a more even distribution of wear in the materials besides the most memorable face out of the three. Displaying multiple characters from a single game project is nice, it shows your ability to work in a production. I'd keep them for now and combine pieces in a fewer posts later once you get more characters up in your portfolio.

I understand the entire point of the human base was to be generic but I'd like to see less generic humans with more complex texturing work too, with marked facial structures, hair. More complex garments would also greatly benefit your portfolio. They don't need to have crazy cuts, just enough details in the materials, wrinkles and sewing, and hang in a manner that compliments the character silhouette. Lastly it's a good idea to have at least one work from concept to show you ability to interpret them.