Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Stylised character Knight-feedback totally welcomed

I started new project, not too big refboard, but anyway its pretty cool concept, glad to get some good feedback on it. I adjusted proportions for more stylised look - bigger hands, shoulders and legs. #1 
Blockout progress - did in Maya, and claws in Zbrush with zremesh. Going to add helmet and belt, than some rough detalisation pass

Replies

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    Hey, cool concept! I think your block out is getting there, the best thing to do is focus on the silhouette of the character which I think you're missing in some places just now. Your pauldron needs to be bigger, I know it has a dragon piece on it, but even without that it hits slightly further down the arm and more then half way past the head at the highest point. I would say the ankles need to be thinner to emphasise how big and sharp the clawed feet are. 

Looking forward to seeing the block out with the helmet and all of the gold sections so that we can get a really good feel for the proportions!
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    #2 Blocked helmet, mantle and belt, some decoration stuff. Helmet and shoulders dragon was tricky, will take a fresh look tomorrow and will  try to finish blocking HarlequinWerewolf said:
    Hey, cool concept! I think your block out is getting there, the best thing to do is focus on the silhouette of the character which I think you're missing in some places just now. Your pauldron needs to be bigger, I know it has a dragon piece on it, but even without that it hits slightly further down the arm and more then half way past the head at the highest point. I would say the ankles need to be thinner to emphasise how big and sharp the clawed feet are. 

Looking forward to seeing the block out with the helmet and all of the gold sections so that we can get a really good feel for the proportions!
    Hey, you totally right! I enlarged pauldron and decor on it, and it still too small. And ankles also needs to make thinner. Thank you for suggestion, will put updates next tomorrow!
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

#3   Blockout almost done, I dont like his shoulder - too small and weird shape. Would be cool to get some feedback about it
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

# 4
    Fixed pauldron shape and proportions, looks fine now. And crumpled decoration on it also fixed
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Adjusted proportions - realised that legs was too short, and so I fixed it. Also moved here and there helmet, cuirass and boots with belt. Polished pouldron + cuirass. Finally I think its fits concept on main shapes. Moving further, will keep on polishing and keep you updated my friends!
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Today was a leg day. Refined knee decor and big part of boots, lots of polish and trim brush work