Home Technical Talk

How to avoid borders deformations when sculpting with zbrush?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , how can I do to avoid deforming borders when applying modifications oan  a mesh that has a open side? Ofted with Zbrush when I apply alphas or inflate or other brushes the borders get modified, I would like to preserve those in order to not change the general borders of the basic first level model.

Replies

• Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    NAIMA said:
    Hello , how can I do to avoid deforming borders when applying modifications oan  a mesh that has a open side? Ofted with Zbrush when I apply alphas or inflate or other brushes the borders get modified, I would like to preserve those in order to not change the general borders of the basic first level model.

You can save a morph target and then use the morph brush to get the borders back at the lowest subdiv level.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    In the smooth brush modifier under brush menu you can change the minimum number of connected edges. 

For other brushes I think you could look in the automasking subpallete, again under the brush menu. 

You can also use the mask subpallete in Tool menu and mask by borders and such.