Home Adobe Substance

SOLVED - Stretched textures when exporting from Substance Painter

towser
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
towser polycounter lvl 3
Hey,

Wondering if someone could help me with an issue I'm having exporting textures from Substance Painter (to be taken into UE4). I have my model as shown below - it has 3 texture sets (1 for the mesh, 1 for the floor and 1 for the hole under the mesh). I applied smart materials to the model in substance painter then baked the mesh maps. 

UVs

I then exported the textures from Substance...

... and created a material for the floor in UE4. When I moved everything over I noticed that my floor now looks like this

I checked the textures and they all look like this (I'll just include the normal map)

Could someone help me figure out what I've done wrong here and what I need to do to fix this please? Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any overlapping UVs?
  • towser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    towser polycounter lvl 3
    Just checked and no overlapping UVs.

Think I may have solved part of the problem - it looked like my tiling was off which looks like it fixed the stretching issue, however when I look at the Static Mesh I can see beige rectangles which definitely aren't there in substance - new screenshot attached. Also the scale of the tiling in UE4 doesn't look like it matches Substance when I set it to 1. Anything else just brings back the stretching/bleeding.

I am a bit of a newbie at all this so apologies if this is all basic stuff :-)

• towser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    towser polycounter lvl 3
    Sorted it - started again and that seems to have done the trick :-)