Home Marmoset

Marmoset viewer export looks different

Hi, 

I'm trying to export my object to marmoset viewer and got a problem.
When I render image, it looks exactly the same as I set in marmoset but looks so different in marmoset viewer export.
The texure becomes too glossy than the original.

This first image is render image and second one is marmoset viewer export.

These are texture setting and export setting.
sRGB color space is unchecked in normal, gloss and occlusion map.
And the maps are exported by substance painter.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance:)

I've attached screenshot of the viewport just in case.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Thanks for the report. There are a couple of bugs with Viewer at the moment that we plan to investigate for the next build. Currently, directional light intensity is ignored, so you can try to use spot lights instead. Spot light intensity doesn't match as accurately as it used to due to some changes with light behavior in TB4, so you may need to use trial and error to find good light values until we resolve these issues. It may be easier to use Toolbag 3 for setting up Viewer scenes for the time being.
  • BlueCarrot
    Thanks for your reply. I'll try spot light or Toolbag3 as you recommended. I hope this issue will be solved soon. Thank you again.
  • skype6
    Offline / Send Message
    skype6 polycounter lvl 11
     I can also confirm that I have the same problem! 
  • motionblur
    Offline / Send Message
    motionblur polycounter lvl 11
    Can also confirm. Something is very wrong with the viewer compared to Toolbag4 viewport.
    I replaced the directional light with a spotlight, got rid of all the light gels and area lights as well. The viewer exporter didn't throw any warnings. Here's a comparison:
    Picture directly from marmoset:
    Picture in Marmoset Viewer:

I don't have a Marmoset 3 license as I only bought Toolbag 4 a week or so ago. So I guess this is also out of the question ....
  • EarthQuake
    This is generally expected. There were some major changes for Toolbag 4 in regards to how light falloff is calculated, and these changes haven't been updated in Viewer yet. We're working on this at the moment and should have a fix for it in the next update (4.03). For now, you may need to use a bit of trial and error to get the light intensity looking correct in Viewer. You can use the preview function from the Viewer export window to make this a bit less painful.