Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CHESS QUEEN

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BlackLotuZz polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone!
This time I decided to do the "DTIYS" of Justine Cunha but instead of drawing, sculpting it, and this is the final result.
I hope you like it  :) 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kDoWGn

My Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/bl4cklotuzz

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    This is one of those pieces where I feel really conflicted.

On the one hand, it looks great from the angles you've shown. But I feel that if you were to rotate any further around, it would fall apart quite quickly. The lack of jawbone is an obvious giveaway.

Aside from that, it looks good. I guess the only thing missing here is the context: Why "Chess Queen"? What does this have to do with Chess?
  • Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    Other than what has already been mentioned, the blood is too plastic or viscous or something. Yes I realize that it is stylized and it almost works. It is almost like she killed a red slime creature.
    Also with the freckles, while i get the stylized cuteness of them. I believe they happen because of the way the pigments gather. A person with freckles on their nose is likely to also have some throughout the rest of their skin. Maybe a few more on her arms or something? It kinds of looks like dirt actually atm.
  • BlackLotuZz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is one of those pieces where I feel really conflicted.

On the one hand, it looks great from the angles you've shown. But I feel that if you were to rotate any further around, it would fall apart quite quickly. The lack of jawbone is an obvious giveaway.

Aside from that, it looks good. I guess the only thing missing here is the context: Why "Chess Queen"? What does this have to do with Chess?
    Thank you for the coment!
    She has no renders from other angles because the hair is not completely finished and it would look weird.
    Also I did not choose the name, as I mentioned it's a "Draw this in your style" and the original concept it's not mine. :)
  • BlackLotuZz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D said:
    Other than what has already been mentioned, the blood is too plastic or viscous or something. Yes I realize that it is stylized and it almost works. It is almost like she killed a red slime creature.
    Also with the freckles, while i get the stylized cuteness of them. I believe they happen because of the way the pigments gather. A person with freckles on their nose is likely to also have some throughout the rest of their skin. Maybe a few more on her arms or something? It kinds of looks like dirt actually atm.
    Thank you for the tips!
    I'm still improving my skills, I'll need to work more on the details next time then! :D
  • brucemoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brucemoose polycounter lvl 3
    great stuff, love it