Home Technical Talk

Zbrush + Texture XYZ workflow.

Hello there !

I was wondering, has anyone found a way to work with texture xyz scans inside zbrush ?
I'm aware that textureXYZ offers alphas for brushes, and i've purchased them. But i also own some proper face scans from them.
I got maya, and i've seen the maya tutorials. But eventually my school trial for maya will end and i'm not gonna take a mortage to buy a maya license. 

I've tried googling for tutorials but haven't stumbled on a simple zbrush solution. (One requires a zwrap subscription, and that is overpriced for such a niche usecase.)

:) All help is more than welcome and much appreciated ! Cheers !

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Using the face scans is probably better done in your texturing application.

If you want to use them in zbrush probably the best way would be to apply to the UV's as displacement, and then put that on a separate layer and convert to geometry. Make sure you understand how layers and morph targets work - it's a little confusing at first because zbrush has weird UI but its essentially the same as how photoshop or pretty much anything else works.

You can also see about using spotlight to project the maps if you needed to paint in little sections to fix UV projection errors.

Lastly, about the maya subscription, be aware of the new indie license. It's more affordable and the only drawbacks is related to how much money you make commercially.