Home Adobe Substance

Why my model cannot load UDIM tiles ?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello anyone can tell me why I keep getting error and not loading the model materials and tiles?

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The error message tells you all you need to know - there's a uv vertex in tile 0, -3 and painter doesn't like that. 

find the vertex, move it to a valid tile and painter will stop complaining
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    I tried all sort of combination arrays to change but I cant find whats the offending vertex , all seem fine, also the uv naming in substance seems different from the one in Max so I can't get to what UV tile correspond the one said by Substance to the one in 3dsmax .
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Ok I actually managed to Delete the Island of mesh that had inside the problematic uv tiles, it happened to be 2 UV tiles having this problem although it showed only one problem in the Substance error message, I so selected one after the other the uv tiles and detached from the main model , exporting without those islands of polygons the model works in substance, but now how can I do what's the issue with those two polygonal pieces i had detached and are source of the issue, how can I debug or do to find out whats the vertex causing the issue? Is there any sort of debugging mesh tool in 3dsmax? I can't find anything wrong in the model or the uvmap simply manually checking .
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    This is the Isolated part of the mesh that has the problem , Exporting the other one works fine, but exporting this one and importing in Substance gives me that error , I tried rearrange the uvmaps , check for vertexes overlaps, look for holes but I can't find anything wrong ...
    can you help me analyzing this piece of mesh?

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Here I rebuilt the whole topology in topogun , just the problematic areas, but still when I export the same problem !!!
    I dunno where to bang the head!

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Ok I have found the ISSUE!!!

I had made an array of UDIM tiles that stretched from Tile 1 to tile 12 in horizontal, but Substance, apparently takes only from Tile 1 to Tile 10 , also it numerates in a -1 system so Tile 5 in 3dsmax for example is Tile 4 in Substance.
    Plus if  I want to go beyond Tile 10 I need to put the other UV tiles on top of the array rather than under, in the following way :

I hope this solution will help whoever else might have the same problem ...