Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My First Torii Gate

Hey guys ive just finished my first semester of animation and this is one of the simple models im happy with but I would love critiques and hints on how to make it even better !

Replies

• LucasNazato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LucasNazato polycounter lvl 4
    Are you going for a more realistic look, or more stylized? That will help define what you can do.
    Overall I think the corners are very sharp, maybe adding some bevels to it would help. Also, from what I've seen from references the two main pillars are sometimes a bit inclined, especially if it's more of a stylized look not making everything too straight can help a lot.
    But it's a really good start, good luck with it!
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Looks good. Proportions feel right, shapes are good. Toriis are some of my favorite things!

Maybe you have already, it's hard to tell from straight on, but— slightly beveling sharp edges can really help things look just a bit more realistic (there are very few truly sharp edges in real life, but also, computer monitors aren't great, so having a slight bevel can really help light reflect believably from edges)

Also a slightly angled shot with a simple three-point lighting setup could help us give more feedback.

My main feedback though is: you're getting the hang of things, keep it up! Things won't get easier from now on, but they will start to make more sense. Can't wait to see what you make going forward.
  • CodyLeis_Leisonator
    Thank you guys! i really appreciate the feedback ! i will update when i make some changes !