Home Marmoset

Light brightness not affecting the viewer and more

I'm evaluating Marmoset toolbag for purchase and I've run into some issues...

It seems that the brightness of a directional light doesn't change the appearance in the viewer at all.  0 or 100, it doesn't changel. In the attached image, the brightness it at 4 yet appears dimmer, If I lower it to 0, it still appears the same. The brighter the sky light, the dimmer the directional light appears until is just doesn't show up at all. It seems like it's stuck at a fixed value of 1 or something.

The other issue, which is less severe, but still somewhat annoying is that the glossiness seems to be offset by about 0.1 in the viewer. The reflective surface in the attached image has a glossiness of 0.8, but seems to be about 0.9 if I adjust the slider in toolbag to match the viewer. I have to adjust the glossiness of all my materials to appear correctly and now toolbag  doesn't accurately represent the correct appearance. 

I understand there can be a slight difference between the two, but this is a pretty big one.

Replies

• pixelscience
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,
    I'm trying to export my scene to the viewer, but it appears that the directional light brightness doesn't go past 1 in the viewer. Relative to the environment brightness it appears super dim, almost non-existent. Raising or lowering the light brightness doesn't change the appearance in the viewer at all. 

You can see in the attached image that the spec is there but the diffuse is so so dim it barely shows up. I can crank it to 1000 and no change.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the report. There are a couple of bugs with Viewer at the moment that we plan to investigate for the next build. Currently, directional light intensity is ignored, so you can try to use spot lights instead. Spot light intensity doesn't match as accurately as it used to due to some changes with light behavior in TB4, so you may need to use trial and error to find good light values until we resolve these issues. It may be easier to use Toolbag 3 for setting up Viewer scenes for the time being.

We'll look into the gloss issue as well.