Home Marmoset

bug report MT4 - maximize viewport not working

grand marshal polycounter
Online / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
In the latest version, neither the hotkey nor dropdown menu selection will maximize the viewport. I'm using PC, windows 10.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J said:
    In the latest version, neither the hotkey nor dropdown menu selection will maximize the viewport. I'm using PC, windows 10.
    Thanks for the report. Can you tell me a little more about this? When you say it will not maximize, does the window size stay the same?

Can you tell me if you're using multiple monitors, and if so, what resolution does each monitor use? Can you tell me the DPI scaling setting for each monitor too?
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter

There is a little more too it, but I definitely narrowed it down to a multi-monitor issue. I was having frequent crashes without a traceable pattern - just crashed constantly for no apparent reason. I disabled my second monitor and haven't had a crash all day. And now the maximize viewport is working as well.

My primary monitor is 1920x1080, and the secondary is 1600x900.

I might misunderstand what DPI scaling is, but if that is just the ordinary scaling you do under windows display settings, I have primary monitor set to 100% and the secondary monitor set to 125%.

One question about the way maximize viewport is working now : is "maximize viewport" meant to cycle between split viewport mode? In legacy Toolbag it moved away the panels so that fullscreen was viewport. In TBG4 that behavior is meant to be gone? Is there any hotkey to toggle off both side panels instead of having to click the little arrows?

edit: I changed the second monitor scaling to 100% and tested for a couple minutes. Doesn't seem to be crashing and the maximize viewport is working as well.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J said:

There is a little more too it, but I definitely narrowed it down to a multi-monitor issue. I was having frequent crashes without a traceable pattern - just crashed constantly for no apparent reason. I disabled my second monitor and haven't had a crash all day. And now the maximize viewport is working as well.

My primary monitor is 1920x1080, and the secondary is 1600x900.

I might misunderstand what DPI scaling is, but if that is just the ordinary scaling you do under windows display settings, I have primary monitor set to 100% and the secondary monitor set to 125%.

One question about the way maximize viewport is working now : is "maximize viewport" meant to cycle between split viewport mode? In legacy Toolbag it moved away the panels so that fullscreen was viewport. In TBG4 that behavior is meant to be gone? Is there any hotkey to toggle off both side panels instead of having to click the little arrows?

edit: I changed the second monitor scaling to 100% and tested for a couple minutes. Doesn't seem to be crashing and the maximize viewport is working as well.
    Thanks for the additional information. We have a crash bug caused by tooltip display when using monitors with different resolutions and scaling settings that we intend to fix very soon with a new build, it's good to hear that setting both monitors to 100% seems to have resolved it.

As far as viewport maximize, yes, currently, this only maximizes one viewport in cases where you have split viewports. The UI system received a major overhaul for TB4 and we lost the spacebar to hide UI windows feature, but intend to bring that back in a future version. In the meantime, collapsing windows/tabs manually is the only way to hide the non-viewport UI elements.