Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alleyway(Please critique-

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
hey guys, I have been working on an alleyway for a while, I would love if u guys gave some feedback

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Good start but it would help if you would give us a bit more info about this picture in order to provide useful feedback. What is your end goal? What rendering tool/engine are you using? Why did you choose this scene in particular? Whats the focus / motive in it?
    All that aside, i can mention a few things like the puddle that doesnt reflect its environment properly, the props are few and almost pitch black, the materials have almost the same roughness - except for the ventilation duct which is extremely clean - and the background scene is kinda empty and boring. Oh, and the chromatic abberation is insane - makes things difficult to see and is unrealistic.
    What i would work on is story and focus because right now it doesnt have those.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    good start, I think you need to have a little more lighting going on, a lot of the props are mostly silhouetted. The lighting could help determine the focus for the scene so be careful with where you place the lights. The scene feels a bit hazy like a damp overcast very slightly foggy day, it is a little too blurry overall I would say.
  • Jacob Lubinski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacob Lubinski polycounter lvl 7
    What are you rendering in? I'd say drop the aberration. Looks pretty good overall honestly. Maybe add a light on the side of the building to make some things in the foreground pop. 
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Also in my opinion probably too 'clean' looking as an ally way, needs garbage/detritus of a sort strewn about and perhaps just a few graffiti decals on the walls or props as well?!
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, I updated the project changed the lighting,made some more props
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually forgot I posted for feedback sorry, so I actually forgot to give an update
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And now I'm actually working on a neon board sign here's a rough base for it, I'm still working on the neon board sign 
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys, made a few more changes
  • JamesBrisnehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    It looks pretty good, but I see some things that can be improved.

The Background feels a bit . . . off. It seems unnecessarily out of focus, and the blur effect itself looks kind of low res and jpeg-artifact-y. I'd recommend toning that effect down.
    Also the color/brightness of the sky and the color/brightness of the sky-light are mismatched. It looks like you're going for a night-time look for the lighting, but I think the sky is too bright, even if the city has a lot of 'light pollution'. The placement of the bright spots in the background and the placements of the reflections on the ground. seem to be out of alignment. Probably just an issue with the reflection capture.
    The texture of the alley street is kind of plain. I think you could spice it up a little with some sections of alternate concrete/asphalt, and maybe some cracks, potholes and grime in the gutters. You could probably fake the depth of potholes with parallax occlusion plugged into a decal material.
    Most of your textures seem to be grey in color. I'm not sure if it's an artistic choice or not (like in the game "Mirror's Edge" or the movie "Sin City") but I think the overall lack of color sucks some of the life out of the scene. If it is an artistic choice, maybe pushing the difference in saturation further would make it more obvious that's what you are going for.
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
     hey dude,thank you so much for taking time to critique my art I really appreciate it. Yeah the background really does look a bit weird, i'll try to make the sky darker,actually on the road I actually made some variation like patches for the road like when it breaks,i'll try to add a few more cracks and more variation and also actually,I didn't plan on the lighting being this way but I don't think it looks so bad,so i'll stick with it and maybe like you said up the saturation a bit more.
  • Jacob Lubinski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacob Lubinski polycounter lvl 7
    Things are looking better for sure! 
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys, I changed some things  
  • ashutosh1106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys, I think I'll wrap up this project now, thank you so much for all the feedback