Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Last of Us Fan-Made Environment

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Evren01 triangle
Hello, this took some time to complete, pretty much time actually.  :)  Do you think it looks good enough for a protfolio targetting 3A game industry?

Replies

• JamesBrisnehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    The plant models look great, and I love the ground textures. I feel like the placement of the vines is a bit too even and perfect to look natural, and I think the trailer could use more rust and weathering for such a wet ecosystem. The chrome trim in particular looks too polished to me. The pine needles and pine cones on top are a nice detail, but would make more sense with an extra tree or two right next to/above the trailer.

Yah, other than some minor things, I think it looks really good.
  • teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    The wear on the metal parts is very uniform and as James mentioned there would be a serious amount of rust on the RV.
    It would be nice to mention what was done by you and what is megascans assets.
    The mood doesnt quite fit with the mood from those games. It should be less sunny and more dark and depressing.
    Also just a nitpick but mushrooms dont grow in water.
  • Gussketchbook
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gussketchbook polycounter lvl 2
    Like the other say rust needed, but also because this is a wet and rainy environment maybe get some water leak damage going on along the side of the trailer. I dont really know how to explain it without a picture.
  • Evren01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Evren01 triangle
    Thanks to all of you friends. When I work on a time consuming project, usually I can't devise
     simple things like rusty surfaces. Yes, that detail needs to be on the caravan. :D I think i need to do some editing.