Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Wizard shop

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Mazzletov polycounter lvl 2
Hello all. I always wanted to create a medieval stylized little diorama. Today I started with the blockout and a first light pass. I want to incorporate small details in this diorama, including hidden treasures and small props. I will not spoil what treasure I will hide in the scene as this would spoil the fun!

The wizard shop contain an exterior part that will house different plants and herbs, for sale. The small balcony contains a telescope where the wizard will observe all cosmetic events and harvast lunar energy. The basements contains evil (legal? hehe) products/consumable that can be bought for a very high price! 

The first blockout:

A first light pass. I want to add a lunar light that will highlight some props on the roof. 

I can't wait to start on all the details. I will start first with creating some modular beams and planks for the exterior. 
I will also try to deform the mesh more to emphasize the weight and structural integrity of the building. 

Can't wait for your feedback during the process!

Replies

• Mazzletov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This morning I created a wood materiaal, including chipped version on each side where the wooden beam would have been cut by an axe. Next, I chamfered the edges using sculpting and added the wood in Substance Painter. 

I tried creating some sort of stylized material in Substance Designer but I was always making it to complex, creating horrors of nodes.
    Just keep it simple hehe.

Wood, created using Substance Designer:

The chipped wood, also using Substance Designer:

The modular wood kit, containing oak beams and planks. The planks are using the same wood material but desaturated.

I will be starting to add the planks/beams to the model and get a feeling for it. I am going to use Marmoset for rendering.
    Maybe will be switching to Unreal in the future. 

• Mazzletov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today I started using my wooden planks to build the Wizard Shop. 
    I used different lattice to deform the shop to add weight to the building.

For the walls, I created a plaster wall that heavily depends on the Slope Blur to obtain a chipped feeling on the side.

Next, I will add straw on all the roofs to give it some depth. After that I will start on sculpting rocks/bricks for the lower part of the building.