Home Technical Talk

Arnold Wireframe Shader

Hello! I'm a new 3d modeler. I started just a few months ago and creep the forums regularly but have never posted before. I was hoping someone could help me. I've had this issue a few times whenever my teachers tell me to just use the wireframe shader to get  the wireframe views. Whenever I try to make a wireframe using this shader it seems to bug out in the sense that the wireframe that I render has a lot denser  topology then the wireframe I can see in the program. Note - the screen shot is smoothed. The first image is the a screen shot directly from the maya workspace, the second image is the render. 

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    If you need the first one dont smooth the object.
  • Narukessa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The  second was the render of the first. The first image is smoothed via pressing 3 already. It isn't adjusted from unsmoothed to smoothed between the render and the photo...I did find the solve  last night though in the render subdivision key levels being bumped in the render and the subdivisions not being displayed in the preview. 

Render division levels being too high. It had been set too 2. 
    Thank you though. 

wireframe division 2  + Display sub unchecked + Render using preview  checked was = a very big difference between the render screen and the display screen xD........