Home Marmoset

Marmoset materials for 3.8

decorix
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
decorix polycounter lvl 11
Hi,

I been looking for Marmoset starter materials for vrersion 3.8. Is there some free material libarary? I looked on there website, but i can't find
anything. Or is is this only for there new version 4.0? 

Does anybody know any good suff :-) free or to buy?
Thanks in advanced

decor

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag 3 ships with some example materials. You can find them in the Material Editor by clicking on the checkered sphere.

Toolbag 3 does not include the new asset library, you'll need to upgrade to Toolbag 4 to receive access to this.
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks EarthQuake,  Thanks for the info.  I didn't notice the material presets tab!!! in marmoset 3.8. I send you PM about another issue if you have any advice regarding workflow I would be certainly interested.  
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    decorix said:
    Thanks EarthQuake,  Thanks for the info.  I didn't notice the material presets tab!!! in marmoset 3.8. I send you PM about another issue if you have any advice regarding workflow I would be certainly interested.  
    To answer your PM: You'll need to UV the mesh to apply textured materials and you will want to apply one material for each texture set that your model has. 

As to exactly how to approach your UV layout and how many materials/texture sets to use, that's up to you. You may want to start a thread in the Technical Talk section for more general art questions like this: https://polycount.com/categories/technical-talk
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    decorix said:
    To answer your PM: You'll need to UV the mesh to apply textured materials and you will want to apply one material for each texture set that your model has. 

As to exactly how to approach your UV layout and how many materials/texture sets to use, that's up to you. You may want to start a thread in the Technical Talk section for more general art questions like this: https://polycount.com/categories/technical-talk
    Thanks EarthQuake. I'll try some thing first. I think I have better understanding how to approach this. Thanks again for your kind help.