Home Career & Education

Dumb question on zbrush

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
lenteja polycounter lvl 2
Hey! so i'm pretty new at 3d and I haven't sculpted before. I'm doing the flippernormals intro to zbrush course and i feel okay in how to use it as a tool now. This may sound a bit ridiculous, but the next chapter is sculpting a troll aaaaand i think i'm kind of scared of zbrush? like, is that normal in any capacity? .-. I just feel as tough i won't be able to do it? should i start with something less complicated or just follow along and create something pretty bad a couple of times until it turns out fine? thanks .-.

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Welcome to impostor syndrome.

Generally speaking, as you keep practicing, and failing, and most importantly... Learning from those failings. Things will start to click into place and you'll recognize those fears as irrational.

You'll always have moments when you feel inferior or incapable, those are natural. But keep working through them and you'll get to the often worse opposite: The Dunning-Kruger effect.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    yea gir is right, sounds a bit like impostor syndrom, I say just go for it, take your time and enjoy the project :) I made a video on this topic a while back
    https://youtu.be/VOPKR8EYgCU
  • lenteja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lenteja polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks a bunch, both of you! Yeah i guess that could have something to do with it. also, thanks for the heads up on the the Dunning-Kruger effect, definitely sounds like something that could affect you more in the long run. have a nice day, and thanks for being nice c:

Welcome to impostor syndrome.

Generally speaking, as you keep practicing, and failing, and most importantly... Learning from those failings. Things will start to click into place and you'll recognize those fears as irrational.

You'll always have moments when you feel inferior or incapable, those are natural. But keep working through them and you'll get to the often worse opposite: The Dunning-Kruger effect.
    yea gir is right, sounds a bit like impostor syndrom, I say just go for it, take your time and enjoy the project :) I made a video on this topic a while back
    https://youtu.be/VOPKR8EYgCU