Home Marmoset

Transparency (opacity) Problem in Marmoset4

Hello polycount community,

I have a problem with Opacity map in Marmoset4. Its looking good on some part (its glass) but on an other part of the model its shows through the objects. Object behind has no thickness I guess problem cause by it. This problem is not happen in 3ds max or Substance painter. 
I already tried every transparency settings in material section dither / cutout. 
Is there way to fix this problem?
In any case, thanks for your help!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    It's difficult to tell what the issue is from this image, but for glass, you would want to use Refraction, which you can set in the Transmission panel, rather than dither. You could then use dither or cutout in addition of there are areas that should be completely transparent rather than see-through (ie: the hole area in a broken pane of glass).
  • cnrk
    Hey Thanks for the answer but, I want to make hole here. I could do two different material refraction and opacity separately but Everything were looking fine in substance (I guess in substance opacity and refraction is same at least in pbr workflow)  and in 3ds max/psychical material everything ok as in substance.

• EarthQuake
    If you select the object and disable Cull Backfaces it will make it double-sided, so you would see into the mesh and see the back of it. Is that what you're trying to do?
  • cnrk
    Thanks a lot!!! <3   yes exactly I was looking for this.