Home General Discussion

Cas New Alias 2021 Replace Maya Polygon Modeling?

Hi, I am wondering if new Alias 2021 modeling capabilities will make Maya Polygonal Modeling kind of obsolete? I used Alias but never used Maya. Anyone has any idea?

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Hi, I am wondering if new Alias 2021 modeling capabilities will make Maya Polygonal Modeling kind of obsolete? I used Alias but never used Maya. Anyone has any idea?
    People don't really use Maya because the sub-div modeling is the best in the business. They use Maya because the animation tools are some of the best in the business and they don't want to pay for multiple licenses or have only some people able to edit certain files. 

Having a pipeline with multiple pieces of software in it is a nuisance and it's just easier if everyone uses the same thing. 

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    People don't really use Maya because the sub-div modeling is the best in the business. They use Maya because the animation tools are some of the best in the business and they don't want to pay for multiple licenses or have only some people able to edit certain files. 

Having a pipeline with multiple pieces of software in it is a nuisance and it's just easier if everyone uses the same thing. 

Plus, despite the modeling tools being a bit mediocre, it does have some sexy stylus support. Makes it feel a bit better when moving between Maya, ZBrush and Substance.