Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

JAMR - "Just Another Military Radio"

HI everyone.
I finally completed my last project , actually it was a great course from Simon Fuchs.
Probably there are many of these out there but I try to add some personal changes during texturing and lighting. The most important thing I got from this  is to have completed the project , putting consistency every day.

My dream one day is to find a job in the game industry. I know the path will be long and hard but I will put everything on it.
Take a look at my portfolio and if someone wants to give me advice I would really appreciate it.

I think it is time to focus my next studies as environment and\or weapons artist. What do you advise?

Thanks to all who will answer me!

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Your material definition is a bit off. Everything is so shiny. I dont know what is metal and what is shiny paint. You need to take every layer in your materials and think about how it should look. Is it metal or plastic? Is it dirty or clean? And so on.
    There is a visible seam in the 3rd screenshot and you could work on presentation a bit. Looks like you used toolbag but forgot to turn on all the bells and whisles.
  • Lone_Room_Guy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 said:
    Your material definition is a bit off. Everything is so shiny. I dont know what is metal and what is shiny paint. You need to take every layer in your materials and think about how it should look. Is it metal or plastic? Is it dirty or clean? And so on.
    There is a visible seam in the 3rd screenshot and you could work on presentation a bit. Looks like you used toolbag but forgot to turn on all the bells and whisles.

Hi Teodar , thank you for feedback It will really helpful for future texturing.
    - Could you explain me what do you mean with "forgot to turn on all the bells and whisles"?

Thank you!

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Idk it feels like there arent any self reflections but in some places i can clearly see the model being reflected correctly. Maybe it has to do with the way toolbag does SSR. Is GI enabled both diffuse and specular?
  • Lone_Room_Guy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 said:
    Idk it feels like there arent any self reflections but in some places i can clearly see the model being reflected correctly. Maybe it has to do with the way toolbag does SSR. Is GI enabled both diffuse and specular?

Yeah GI is enabled both in diffuse and specular. Maybe there is too much light in the scene? Or GI Brightness is too high?
    Anyway thank you I'll try different illumination setting in marmoset , because in the real-time render in Sketchfab it shows well.