Home Career & Education

Anyone had any experience with GameFilmHub?

Maned_Wolf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Maned_Wolf polycounter lvl 3
I got contacted by a dude, Ade Smith, through LinkedIn suggesting I should register on his site gamefilmhub.com to automatically get matched with jobs to various studios. There's been no mention of a fee or anything so far but I dunno, something seems fishy about this... Thoughts?

Replies

• garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    Never heard of it before. If it works, it works. It reminds me of Verply, I forget the website name, to connect and network. That, and Alignable. I don't know if they really work. I just checked on my Linkedin. I'm connected with Ade Smith. I think I chatted with him on Skype years ago, way way back, when I was job hunting. The site could probably be like a mix with GrackleHQ and CreativeHeads, just collecting all of the job ads on one site, for games and film. I don't know why you have to sign up an account (this part reminds me of CreativeHeads a bit). Maybe there's a benefit to it? I'm not sure. I prefer to just apply to whichever company's website or their career site.
  • Maned_Wolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @garcellano Thanks for the reply! Out curiosity what did you and Ade talk about when you had the chat on Skype years ago? Anyways, I guess I'll give it a go registering on his site. As long as there's no fee attached that is... I'm always a bit paranoid when random people contact me out of the blue, y'know? 
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    This had to be around 2014, while I was looking for work in games. If it's the same guy, it's Adrian Smith. Nothing really moved forward after the call. Yeah, I guess it's the same as CreativeHeads. As long as there aren't any fees, I guess it should be fine. I prefer https://gracklehq.com/ though, when it comes to the job hunt. They're all pretty much the same, just collecting job ads.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adrian has been around for a long time. If you're interested in working with a recruiter (many aren't) he would be a decent choice.

Looks like you can click here to get the details about what the site is and how it works.

• Maned_Wolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your input Eric. I've setup a profile. 

I have to say though... I messaged Ade asking him about some specifics using the site and he was very rude in his responses. I'll use the site for a bit, see where it takes me.. but I would be lying if I said this experience didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, that doesn't sound good.