Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] m1911a1

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
fariddhessami polycounter lvl 3
HI everyone, this is my first post, I’m working on this m1911a1 for while now, I’m using maya and subdivision modelling techniques … and this is the current situation (MidPoly in wireframe and HighPoly) :

first problem that I have is the "creases" in the slide as you can see here :

I know that it is caused by the way I added support loops to sharpen my edges in the slide, but I don't know how to get around this problem.

I will post more individual parts and problems later in this thread. Any critique, help or advice (of any kind), would be deeply appreciated.

Replies

• scottycharly
    Offline / Send Message
    scottycharly polycounter lvl 10
    Overall it looks promising. First of all, I would add resolution here

• AB3LL1
    Offline / Send Message
    AB3LL1 polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, to fix the problem on the slide you need to learn how to reroute and terminate your edge loops.
    This is a blender video that I've found but I think it should help you with any software.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHYaN4u-sA
  • teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    There is at least one thread on polycount that can help you overcome those issues. Search for how you model dem shapes
  • fariddhessami
    Offline / Send Message
    fariddhessami polycounter lvl 3
    So thanks to you guys I could get rid of the creases and tried rerouting the topology to better support the edges.

but I came across another kind of smoothing artifact, which I don't know how to handle.
    thanks again for the help.

these are current status of highPoly mesh and midPoly mesh (in wireFrame) of the slide.

• teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Search for Arrimus 3d on yt, he has a few solutions for that. One of them is to tuck in that corner.
    Your edges are way too sharp and you will have issues when baking and when viewing the model at medium distance.
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    wirrexx said:
    anthonybp said:
    Soviet said:
    Yes but don't loop all the way through the object, only around the cut thing.
    May you give me a quick example, please ?
    look back 2-3 pages, i have a great example on this.. look back 20-30.. Perna has.. Then look back another 50-60.. Earthquake, Perna, Me and so many more has shown great examples on how to get rid of theses issues. When it comes to curved surfaces to say. Dont do your cuts here , if you are, you will need so much more segments. Do them 

Here, that way, you have natural supporting loops coming from your Cylinder. 

and because i did them there
     I get these support loops. 

I think i used 28 sided cylinder. 

Old solution that i showed someone who was in need of getting such a topology fix.