Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The First Snow [WIP]

Hi!
I'm currently working on an environment piece as part of my university assignment. The topic for the assignment is "First Snow". I've already created a 3d concept that I'm basing my work on and currently I'm working on making the actual assets, materials, and building the scene.

Here's my initial concept made in Blender:
After that I exported the blockout to unreal engine

And this is my current state of work. I'm planning to add vegetation next, and then I'll start doing the props. I'll also do a second pass on the existing assets, polish them more, etc. I'm especially unhappy right now with the snowy ground, but I need to think how I can make it better.

Replies

• gribark
    I've added some trees and created a few props for the scene. I've also created cables using the ue4 built-in cable system which is awesome (never knew about it before). My next step would be to create clothes for the boy and some smaller bushes, and props covered in snow (rocks, tires, crates, etc).
  • simonBreumier
    Offline / Send Message
    simonBreumier polygon
    I really love your composition, the diagonal lines and the color contrast really gives some depth!
  • gribark
    I really love your composition, the diagonal lines and the color contrast really gives some depth!

Thanks! I actually thought that the image and composition was missing the second focal point, so I've decided to add a cat and moon in the background. I've also added clothes for the boy and tweaked lighting a bit. Here's the new update:

• gribark
    Another update for the scene! I changed the moon to better highlight the cat silhouette and I also wanted to rework the snowy ground and make it look more fluffy and also add some smaller details like the branches, grass under the snow, etc. I'll probably do another pass for the ground and finally make the car meshes. This should be my final steps for the environment.