Offline / Send Message
bentrainbow polycounter lvl 3
Public Sketchbook Thread

Replies

• bentrainbow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Over the years I have been adding to a private art group on Discord since 2018. At the end of 2016, I sustained a severe lower spine injury that changed everything. I was injured while I was attending an Art school. In 2020 I sustained symptoms of an unknown neurological origin that resembled a blood clot. Now it's 2023 and time to share publicly again. Prior to starting this, I made no preparation for a coherent post. My personal goal is to make a weekly post. This is the first one. I work when my body is able and research constantly as my mind allows.

Skills I'm building

• Away from Digital Screens:
    • - Carving for Print (Lino, Rubber, Wood)
    • - Sketching
    • - ScreenPrinting
    • - Book Making

• CG:
    • - Blue Crab Study (block out finished)
    • - Rig Crab block out for Unity
    • - Procedural Animation on Crab
  • bentrainbow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • bentrainbow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is several weeks later and silence.  The world keeps changing and perspectives keep growing. Change can't always happen in an instant. Learning, adjusting, reacting, and thinking all take several non-linear moments. I've needed some time to grieve the loss of a close loved one. Several relationships and hopeful futures that are no longer an option have ended. Grief takes a heavy toll. I'm going to be sharing the steps I take toward what may happen. I've started making Art Books. I will share my journey in technical art as well as experiments in various mediums going forward.

Let the start of the Digital Portfolio begin!