Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need some Feedback(Portfolio)

TTK
TTK
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
TTK
Hi Everyone,

I am an Environment/Prop Artist, who is trying to set foot in the industry. I would love some much needed honest feedback and advice on my art, as i don´t know if it´s good enough to make it.

Thank you!!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Cool art! While it isn't a super strong portfolio, I think you're at a stage where you can apply for jobs. I'd recommend getting rid of your cleaver: it's your weakest asset. Moving forward, I would like to see you completing full environments. I'd recommend choosing a particular game's style to make those environments in, as well as working off solid concept art. Would be cool to see some great sub-d modeling as well, maybe something mechanical. Keep moving forward!
  • dropyhop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dropyhop polycounter lvl 10
    Follow a senior person who's art you like and copy them. See how thumbnails are done to see how they light things and present. You'll learn tons by following one good person.
  • TTK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TTK
    Cool art! While it isn't a super strong portfolio, I think you're at a stage where you can apply for jobs. I'd recommend getting rid of your cleaver: it's your weakest asset. Moving forward, I would like to see you completing full environments. I'd recommend choosing a particular game's style to make those environments in, as well as working off solid concept art. Would be cool to see some great sub-d modeling as well, maybe something mechanical. Keep moving forward!

Thank you!! Great advise. I wasn´t really sure how to flesh out my  portfolio.  I will try those things :D
  • TTK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TTK
    dropyhop said:
    Follow a senior person who's art you like and copy them. See how thumbnails are done to see how they light things and present. You'll learn tons by following one good person.

Thank you!! I will sure try that out. :D