Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Capitan Marvel

Hi! Here I`ll post my progress while working on Capitan Marvell Sculpt. I want to see some feedback from you, and hope you will enjoy the process as i am. Thanks!
is an amazing consept by Jeehyung Lee  my progress after 7 hrs

Replies

• HeatherLNunnelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeatherLNunnelly polycounter lvl 2
    It looks like your sculpting on a high poly model from the very beginning. I would start with very basic shapes, at a low poly level, and then go up. Otherwise it starts to look mushy. It lacks a lot of structure.
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like your sculpting on a high poly model from the very beginning. I would start with very basic shapes, at a low poly level, and then go up. Otherwise it starts to look mushy. It lacks a lot of structure.
    It is a good advise, thank you! I tried to make it as simple as I can. Anyway, will not complicate it further 
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spent 2 days for this. Finished blockout, then did cloak, and haircut. Mb will redo hairs later. Sculpted shoes, fresh touch ups on arms, body and legs. Than pose it just to check up proportions. So will go further tomorrow, got a plan for next steps - finish detalization on body, arms and heans,  make finally a face lol. And finish her clothes, cause its cold outside oo
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keep moving. Add blockout head - looks creepy lol! Made arms, hands. Also I add ssome details -  folds on the breasts, and torso. 
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Day 5. Spent 5 hrs on face, make it better. Still not the result I want, going to transform it into a pretty girl face
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Day 6. Total - 8.30 hrs spent. Made final version of the face. Eye lashes, eye brows and new hairs are done. Also I put basic colors and materials.  Moving forward! Will be done soon.
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, thats where my two weeks jorney ends. Done with sculpt, applyed materials.  Renders in zbrush. Will add more a bit later. Thanks for watching!
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    you're at point where you are far along enough where you can call this done, and move on to the next one.  For your next piece, slow down, use some of the tools that come with in zbrush for reference, like the Ryan kingslien anatomy model.  I would sculpt in a neutral pose first with symmetry on, it will make things way easier in the beginning, once you are done with the model, then you can pose in zbrush or rig it outside of zbrush.  Your rendering could use some improvement as well, have you looked into Raf Grassetis videos at all? that dude is wealth of knowledge 
  • Gibbon_king
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you're at point where you are far along enough where you can call this done, and move on to the next one.  For your next piece, slow down, use some of the tools that come with in zbrush for reference, like the Ryan kingslien anatomy model.  I would sculpt in a neutral pose first with symmetry on, it will make things way easier in the beginning, once you are done with the model, then you can pose in zbrush or rig it outside of zbrush.  Your rendering could use some improvement as well, have you looked into Raf Grassetis videos at all? that dude is wealth of knowledge 
    Yes, Grassetti from enother planet, cool guy! Thank you for feedback, there is a lot to improve, but yes, I have to move on. Here some render from today