Home Technical Talk

Epic-pen - (Free Tool) its the worlds most popular screen marker!

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
littleclaude quad damage
Click here to download - www.epic-pen.com

Hi

I heard about this tool during a talk from Bluezoo yesterday. If anyone spends there life explaining things on screen its a lot better then the snipping tool, its also non destructive so you can load up another screen and go back to your drawings and they are on an overlay. To clear you simply click the trash can which you can CTRL-Z to undo if anyone wants to go over something again, of you can close the tool and it wipes the screen, simple. 

Best, Neil :) 

Replies

• pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks for sharing! Let me toss my two cents too. I tried this app a couple of years back and wasn't quite happy with it tbh. I couldn't make it to work properly with stylus pressure sensitivity (neither Win Tab nor Windows Ink worked). Epic Pen has performed like MS Paint from 90s - no antialiasing, no smooth lines, only pixelated fixed size brushing. That was a huge bummer and no-go to me. Eventually I found gInk - an open source and 100% free alternative which worked perfectly, and I'm using it few years by now. It creates smooth variable width lines (via Windows Ink) and is very lightweight and minimalistic. It is also being actively supported by the dev. You can check it here https://github.com/geovens/gInk/releases/  This is all my personal opinion ofc.