Hello. For November and December, I've decided to create another character this time based on a concept by Mike Franchina
. His character was similar to another I wanted to make, but I felt working from a picture would be good practice. I'm aiming for around a 80-100k triangle polycount.
So far, I've created two pieces to start, the chestplate and hammer:
I chose these two first because they were the least complex and easy to iterate upon. I'm trying to match the initial concept as closely as possible, but I've added details like extra straps and studs to make the final piece more believable. There are already a few baking/proportional corrections I need to address but I feel like I'm off to a solid start.
As always, I'm happy to hear feedback if anyone sees any glaring issues. Wish me luck!