Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I would love some feeback on this prop!

node
Offline / Send Message
crad node
Hello, I would love to hear some feeback for this prop I am making I want to improve everywhere I can!

Thank you for helping!

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    That looks heckin' dope. Good job!
  • crad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crad node
    @Ashervisalis thank you so much! Still much more to fix and add :)
  • crad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crad node
    Texture update on the bones

• JamesBrisnehan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    The model looks pretty good, though it might be a little higher poly than it needs to be with all of the beveled edges. Although it's a "hero prop" and a portfolio piece, so splurging a bit on the tri-count is probably fine. I don's see any shading or bake errors, so that's good. Are you going to model in the strings and straps holding the skull and grey crystal, or leave them floating for a more mystical look?

I don't see much variety or definition in the roughness/gloss map, although that could be due to the very soft, flat lighting. Some back-lighting would help show off the roughness map if you have one. To closer match the look of the concept it looks like you'll still need some Sub-Surface Scattering for the bone and lavender, Translucency for the feather, and Emissive for the orange crystal.
  • crad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crad node
    @JamesBrisnehan Thanks for this mate I will for sure add to those textures you mentioned. I have modelled the strings and straps just texuring them right now. Yeah there is no proper lighting yet I will post a shot when it is done. Alright I will get onto researching more about sub-surface scattering, I was also hoping to use that for the berries I will be adding to the prop. Thanks again!