Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Vyacheslav Butusov - Likeness Sculpting (Need critique or Feedback)

Hello everyone! Help me please )

This is a Likeness practice. I need feedback. He is look like likeness or not? ))) 

I started this sculpt with sphere.
Likeness practice from Vyacheslav Butusov. He is a russian singer and songwriter. He is the lead singer of Nautilus Pompilius and U-Piter.

Replies

• sergey_tsvirkun
  • HeatherLNunnelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeatherLNunnelly polycounter lvl 2
    Not bad! It feels like the mouth is a little small width wise, but I think it's turning out good.
  • sergey_tsvirkun
    Not bad! It feels like the mouth is a little small width wise, but I think it's turning out good.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • sergey_tsvirkun
    New update

I correcting the anatomy and shape of the skull. Add block out hair. Same i add more references.

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator

i am living through you likeness study guys/gals where i can help and attempting to match / learn, how to do this as well by helping you all.

So adding the eyebrows might help and matching his actual eye colors might also, otherwise i'd make everything grey/gray scale and make it easier on the eyes and to see the light values of what is there between what is not.  The corners of the upper eyelids (to me) protrude less than they are currently so smoothing it out before the line ends might go a long way, they do appear thicc but it looks like lighting to me creating a very hard shadow.  It is thin but cuts really close and is somewhat curved making it appear very bold under the right lighting the far right image reference with full lighting shows you its not so bold.

Squamous part of frontal bone (the two side ridges of the forehead) the one to the right of the screen is closer in towards the center of the forehead.  (trying to make it easy to see what i am saying an indicator on the image would've helped more but i forgot about that micro change, shadowing also helps.)Its very slightly noticible, top right image overlayed over your model shows it much better.

The ear area is rather flat and i think both the outter edge and inner upper upper helix and triangular fossa are more rounded they are currently flat.  Its all i can see right now (keep in mind, i've never done a realistic likeness study) hope it helps, the hair i added i think you should attempt to go with unless you want the hair to be a solid block, i find it might be the easiest to do? only made hair planes once.

As far as i know you've got it!
  • sergey_tsvirkun

Big thanks! I appreciate your taking the time to write a feedback!