Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] [Unity] [Environment] Archery game for grad project

triangle
Offline / Send Message
murilojones triangle
Hello people, I am making this Environment for a final project to graduate in Vancouver Film School. I am uploading my work for feedback, ideas and improvement of this work and my future projects.

Things to keep in mind:

-The following room is to test lighting, so it was not buld to make much sense... but it should represent what do we want to achieve in our game.

-We dont have that much time, so even though your feedback is very important, some of them I wont be able to apply/fix for this project (but they are welcome anyway for my own improvement and future projects)

-I was used to work with props and baked maps pipeline, but it's the first time I am doing environment. So a lot of things that may seem obvious to experienced people, might not be for me.

So here are some screenshots:

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Not an environment person or lighting person but i've dabbled and tried to learn some things, anyway from whatever i can tell this room seems to lack windows, cathedral environments usually are very well lit with plents of windows from my experience within some of them.
    To me this image
    would probably benefit from more windows and even a smaller traveling space as if a bridge connection to a new building/area.  If you can fake or make light rays happen from the windows into the building that might add something extra to the scene.
    What my 1st thoughts are, posting a response to bring attention and traction to your thread since its on a time frame.
  • murilojones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    murilojones triangle
    Thank you for your feedback. As I said, although this particular scene is for test lighting, I can keep this in mind when making the actual levels for the game. There are some volumetric lights going on the window, but yeah, I can make it more obvious. Right now I am having some problems with the lights in Unity, but once I figure it out I will keep posting my progress. Thank you again.