Home Artists Looking For Work

Lighting Artist looking for work (Freelance/Full-time)(will relocate)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Gustavo_Elliott polycounter lvl 4
My name is Gustavo Elliott, I am a 25 year old Lighting Artist looking for any opportunities available.

I have spent the past five years of my life learning all I can about game development and I have spent the past year and change focusing heavily on Lighting and Materials. I graduated from my local community college in Dec. 2018 with a Associate's of Applied Sciences & 3.95 GPA; I learned how to program in Java, C#, JS and Python and learned a ton about game development and systems design in the process.

Following graduation, I was working everyday on creating 3D models, so I also have experience with modeling and texturing props & other sculpted organic environment assets & I also dove into landscapes for a bit. However, that's when I found my love for lighting, it motivates me deeply knowing that I get to have a direct part to play in setting the mood and bringing the environment and props to life, while also making sure that it compliments the characters and targeted performance requirements. I am looking to progress my skills in lighting further by collaborating with other developers to make the best games possible.

Examples of my work can be seen at -- GustavoElliott.Artstation.com  -- Each lighting project showcased in my portfolio displays a different lighting workflow and the results of my deep-dives into each. For example, in my lighting project ' The Apartment" it was my goal to show a cinematic quality while also keeping the playable frame rate over 60+ FPS by using a hybrid approach to RTX lighting , I succeeded and the project ran between 60 & 90 fps at any given time on an RTX 2060 Super. 

My lighting skills include but are not limited to:
- Baked & dynamic lighting workflows using UE4/Unity 
- RTX workflow & performance optimization in UE4
- UE4 volumetric + atmosphere systems
- Knowledge of real-world lighting & color theory
- Material adjustment for maximizing the visual collaboration between props, characters or weapons and lighting. 
- Material/texture generation using Substance software products

I have attached my full resume which may give you a better idea about me. 
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you wish to know anything about me or my skills.  

You can reach me at Polystomp3D@gmail.com or the phone number on my resume.