Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Nissa MTG Real Time Fan Art

Hey Guys! I decided to start working on a new project. Nissa from Magic: The Gathering. 
Right now I am manly trying to focus on nailing the portrait. I want to push this project as realistic as I possibly can. 

This is a quick screenshot I took from zbrush. I am currently trying to find the right feeling for her face, while keeping it realistic. 

I ended up projecting some xyz textures onto the face really quick to take a quick look how the mesh would look with some rough textures.

I also did a quick blocking of her clothes but I will probably  finish the head completely before I will continue  on the body.

Will try to update this as regularly as possible.

Tell me what you guys think! C&C are super welcome! :smile:

Replies

• darfreyo
    Hey guys!
    Made some updates to the head. Im really trying to push it to be as realistic as possible.

I spent quite some time working on the eyes. I think they are slowly getting close to what I am looking for

I will try to do a first pass of her hair next.

Tell me what you guys think! C&C are super welcome! smile
  • darfreyo
    Hey Guys!
    Its been quite a while since I have updated this.
    I have been quite busy creating the hair and some of the clothing. I also spent some time moving the project over to toolbag 4. Still figuring out some of the new awesome shaders especially for cloth but I am totally in love with the raytracing.

I also decided to go 100% with the glowing look for the eyes. I'm not quite happy with how they are looking at the moment but I am not really sure what is bothering me at the moment. I will still experiment with it. 
    The torso and cape/ scarf are already baked down and have a first texturing pass the rest is still hp from zbrush.

Tell me what you guys think! C&C are super welcome! smile