Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush learning - First try

Hi there so i'm currently trying to use Zbrush and made this creature, somehow cant get the topology on the tail right...any help is greatly appreciated..

Replies

• Jesse Irvin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Irvin polycounter lvl 11
    :grin: a fun first try, your problem is a common one without understanding the tools zbrush has for managing geometry. By default all you are doing is pulling points around so what you are seeing is the result of pushing and pulling your geometry beyond what can been cleanly handled. Your best bet would be check out youtube and research topics such as Dynamesh, and Sculptris Pro. I'm sorry I'm not offering you more than to do your own research but honestly the video content out there will likely give you a much better start and understanding than I could give you typing up an explanation here.
  • Skinner3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    I would take that model back down to the lowest subdivision and push the crap out of the shape until it is roughly what you want, then work your way back up the levels. If this is the the lowest, then try hitting reconstruct subdiv under the geometry tab. (I haven't gotten this to work very often, but it should do what it says and give you a step below the current detail level.)
     It looks like you are trying to pull out base shape from the high subdivisions. Yes, Zbrush can do this, but sometimes you have to manually force it to play nice.
  • Benjamin59
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :grin: a fun first try, your problem is a common one without understanding the tools zbrush has for managing geometry. By default all you are doing is pulling points around so what you are seeing is the result of pushing and pulling your geometry beyond what can been cleanly handled. Your best bet would be check out youtube and research topics such as Dynamesh, and Sculptris Pro. I'm sorry I'm not offering you more than to do your own research but honestly the video content out there will likely give you a much better start and understanding than I could give you typing up an explanation here.
    Thanks for your feedback :)

• Benjamin59
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D said:
    I would take that model back down to the lowest subdivision and push the crap out of the shape until it is roughly what you want, then work your way back up the levels. If this is the the lowest, then try hitting reconstruct subdiv under the geometry tab. (I haven't gotten this to work very often, but it should do what it says and give you a step below the current detail level.)
     It looks like you are trying to pull out base shape from the high subdivisions. Yes, Zbrush can do this, but sometimes you have to manually force it to play nice.
    thanks great feedback :-1: