Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old abandoned room (WIP) Need reviews and critiques

timeyful
node
Offline / Send Message
timeyful node
Hi,

This is my first unreal project where I tried to learn different things. I tried to use a game environment creation workflow.
Everything was modelled (in blender) and  textured by me (in substance painter (except modular textures for walls and the floor, i used substance source & unreal marketplace for those). Foliage is also from unreal marketplace.

The main things I learned from this project so far has been vertex painting ( mixing materials, for the floor), foliage painting, lighting, camera setup and basic post processing. Lighting was the most difficult part.

I think there is still a lot of room for improvement for this scene, so if you have time please give me some feedback on it!

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    I like the work you did on some of the props, like the tv and the alarm clock for example, they look cool.
    I´m not a fan of the textures on the dresser that the tv stands on tho, it´s pretty grainy and the height info is kinda strong. I think the chair on the floor might have the same problem. 
    While the foliage looks cool I don´t feel like the placement of it makes sense. Like why is there foliage growing in there at all? I like that most of it is where the sun shines through the window but the window isn´t broken or open so water seemingly has no way of getting in the room. So why are there plants growing on the bed and in dark corners of the room?
  • timeyful
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timeyful node
    I like the work you did on some of the props, like the tv and the alarm clock for example, they look cool.
    I´m not a fan of the textures on the dresser that the tv stands on tho, it´s pretty grainy and the height info is kinda strong. I think the chair on the floor might have the same problem. 
    While the foliage looks cool I don´t feel like the placement of it makes sense. Like why is there foliage growing in there at all? I like that most of it is where the sun shines through the window but the window isn´t broken or open so water seemingly has no way of getting in the room. So why are there plants growing on the bed and in dark corners of the room?
    Hey, Thaat definetly makes sense, thanks for the feedback, i didnt think about those points related to the foliage! Looking back at the textures, thats something il update. Its sometimes hard to tell how far i should go with height maps, but you validated my concern, so thanks!