Home Freelance Job Postings

Stylized MOBA searching for Art Director/Polish pass for Kickstarter (VFX, TechArt, or Environment)

CThom
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CThom polycounter lvl 7
Circuits and Shields (http://circuitsandshields.com) is entering the final stages of polish before we launch of Kickstarter. With that coming up, I wanted to do a big polish pass on all our visuals (we're stylized, similar to HotS and LoL). Currently, our stuff looks good, but not great, so I'm really looking for a partner to help us get to the finish line. I emphasize partner because I'm truly looking for the artistic version of me who will sit down and be invested in the project and genuinely interested in it's success. We have an absolute killer project that is  significantly farther along than most indie projects, so we think we have a lot to offer.

This will be paid hourly or flat fee, along with some funding incentives (i.e. percentage of funding received). This is not royalties because those are a joke, but we do hope to launch our funding efforts early next year so you won't be waiting 4 years of development to find out.

I'm hiring here for two separate positions. One is Visual Effects and one is all other Art, namely environment. On the VFX side, nearly all of our VFX is done, but not really cohesive, so I'd want a polish pass done on that and we still need a few net new generic effects just to add more visual clarity to the game.

On the environment/general art side, we have a completely done level, but it likely needs a pass as it's just not looking as good as I think it can. I don't think we'd need new assets, but it'd mainly be texture/material/tech art work. Same goes for characters. Really my interest here is an Art Director/Partner that can tell me "X needs to be changed, Y  needs to have this, etc." and then be able to make us look 100% ready and polished for the funding launch.

I am open to studios here, as well as individuals.

You can view our recent VODs here for an idea of how the game works: 

You can contact me aT:
Discord: cthomlison#2648

Thanks!