Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4 - Dwarf tunnel stylized scene

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Olingova interpolator
Hi guys! 
Before finishing my church scene, I wanted to have some lighter projects and go for some more stylized little scene (That decision to go for a full cathedral with all of the details...Bruh..)
The first test was a quick shield texturing, the global idea being:
-Simple models
-PBR
-Stylized OW like texturing
-Fast production

Here is where i am right now; still got to finish the rocks texture and do that splash decal (It's a random PNG from internet so far, way too detailed for me i think)
I would greatly enjoy any feedbacks! Thanks!

Replies

• KW_Arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KW_Arts polygon
    This is a really nice composition to showcase an interesting arrangement of props within context, awesome!  I would personally look to develop the ground and walls a bit more. Obviously you mentioned the rock materials needs to be finished which is cool but for the floor, I think its a little too flat/bland at the moment and its a harsh contrast from the complex arrangements of props. Perhaps you could develop a few more materials and then blend them into the ground material, for example, you could have a dirt, gravel, wet mud and rock texture all blended together which could create a really powerful essence that coincides the area being a mining tunnel if that makes sense? 
    Looking forward to see how this develops!
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Thanks a lot!! Yeah indeed the ground isn't working that well for the moment, i modified to decal puddle to make it somehow more interesting and also played a bit with the post process.

I updated the rock material (it finally got an albedo now!)

Don't mind the little light spot on the top it's the tessellation that's not perfect yet on the ceiling. Still probably got some light to tweak, the tunnel light on the back might be way too bright yet.