Home General Discussion

old jaguar game

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
what was that game where you had to collect stuff on different planets and there was a fenale icon/head
was damn good game though

Replies

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ah ok cybermorph, fun times. loved alien vs predator on that console too
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    I like where this conversation is going
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    Like when grandpa sits on the veranda all quiet and out of the blue suddenly starts talking about his time in the war?

Jaguar had one interesting looking controller. Somehow I feel fortunate to have avoided using that thing. :)

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    EEHH BACK WHEN I WOR A NIPPER, THINGS WERE ALL DIIFFERENT LIKE :)

jaguar console was cool. It was a friend of ours who had it when we were students, never actually owned it myself. spent literally hours on that game. alien vs predatorr was really ahead of its time. love those timed runs
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    My cousin had the atari 2600 system, we had to play the old who got which console and which games so we could all enjoy every system / game. Worked out alright, till they started to just get all the consoles. :( anywho played the rambo game on that was pretty neat enough for me 2 player most times.

This thread should be called best games/systems of your history: down memory lane.

This one Arcade game, I could NEVER find and it was like it NEVER existed but it did, it was a G.i. Joe vs Cobra game, idk what the real name of it was but i remember going to jhs and playing it in some store where the local asian kids ran to game on it nearly every weekend. Wish i could play it again i can't for the life of me remember the name of it or anything and i've looked in the past but not recently, maybe someone knows the name, i'll try to look it up right now but doubt i'll find it.

edit yey found it better on arcade to me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUAxDPxuZ4
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    I got an Atari 2600 sometime in the late 90's from a pawn shop with like 40 games for I think $20. Burned through many joystick controllers playing Galaxian (until I found out Sega Genesis/Megadrive controllers worked on it). Still have it in storage.
    My only experience with a Jaguar was seeing a friends one go up in smoke when an NES power supply was plugged into it...he'd gotten some bad info that the NES power brick was compatible, and it did fit, but turned out it was the Genesis power supply that was compatible (what was up with Atari consoles working with Sega accessories back then?).
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Weird story. If anybody can solve this for me, I'd be appreciative. If nobody can, I'll still feel like I'm in an alternate timeline.

Around 2003, I had a friend who told me about a video game where you were a rat in a maze. Scientists put you in this maze to see if you could get to the end. The scientists also promised you cheese if you got to the end. Well, as the game went on, you found broken walls that the scientists didn't know about, and if you went back there, you could see where other rats wrote "THERE IS NO CHEESE". I thought this was super cool.

Years later, I finally played Portal (Portal came out in 2007, but I played it maybe around 2010), and I got to the part where you get behind the walls and see, "THERE IS NO CAKE" written on the wall. I figured this was a reference to the video game my friend told me about. So I asked him, and he just didn't remember telling me about the rat game originally, and didn't even remember the game itself. I've searched and searched online, but I can't find anything about this rat game anywhere. I'm 100% sure my friend told me about this game, and told it to me before Portal came out.
  • RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    "Where did you learn to fly?
    The Angry Videogame Nerd talks about it at 6:32 in here:

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666

forgotten how basic the graphics were in cubermorph, but hell it was 1993