Home Technical Talk

3DS Max --- How to de-triangulate a mesh(get rid of all the diagonal lines)?

I made a ScarH in Maya back in 2017 and no longer have Maya anymore due to switching to 3ds Max for modeling. I exported the low poly and highpoly back then but the low is triangulated inside 3DS Max. How would i go about removing all the diagonal triangulated lines? Is there a plugin i can buy or option in the engine to do so? Id like to make changes to the model but the triangulation makes it difficult...

Replies

• Kanni3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    You could try using this quadrify operation in the ribbon tools, works for the most part but it likes to triangulate some things the wrong way, as it doesn't have any context/control of the mesh. I would split the mesh up into as many sensible elements as possible (receiver, grips, trigger, sights, etc.) use quadrify, and giving the smaller detached mesh a look over/small tweaks and adjustments. (rather than quadrifying the entire thing at once and trying to find any issues.)
  • rememba_da_name
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you! I will try that! I dont mind if there is a lot of issues as i just dont want to have to remodel the whole gun again... So if ihave to fix some errors thats no big deal at all! Thank you!