Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - best method for Combing/dynameshing high objects in one mesh

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
GarethStandfield polycounter lvl 3
Heya everyone, was wondering what the best method would be for coming object while still retaining the smaller details like the mouth holes, eye shape ect while still making it so the mesh itself can be sculpted on at a reasonable level.

Hard to explain what i mean but currently the head and body are were i want them and now want them as one mesh so i can work on the neck/shoulders as im having a hard time visualizing while its in two parts.

Normally id just dynamesh them and rework in the smaller parts but feel its a huge waste of time and im sure there are other methods too not lose details while combining them. 

Photos for reference

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    One way to do it is to duplicate your object -> Combine the duplicates and dynamesh them -> Zremesh the combined objects to a reasonable lowpoly -> subdivide the Zremeshed model -> and lastlty reproject your old two meshes to your new mesh. 
  • GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One way to do it is to duplicate your object -> Combine the duplicates and dynamesh them -> Zremesh the combined objects to a reasonable lowpoly -> subdivide the Zremeshed model -> and lastlty reproject your old two meshes to your new mesh. 
    Thats the method i gave afew shots, it seemed to create alot of artifacts inside the mouth area but if i can figure out how to fix them i think this is the way ill head in, thanks ^_^!
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I would recommend that you have a proper basemesh with an already built inside of the mouth, and you just do not project those areas. 
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Live boolean could do the trick. It will preserve the existing topology, except for the area where the subtools intersected (that area will be a mess). But you can always smooth over it with the sculptris brush, rebuild the neck with a bridge, or just zremesh the entire thing once it is fused. 
  • GarethStandfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would recommend that you have a proper basemesh with an already built inside of the mouth, and you just do not project those areas. 
    Im still learning and so i try not use base meshs right now so i can see my anatomical errors ect