Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Monk_ty

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
I plan on posting my drawings and progress here~ Please feel free to destroy me in the name of critique and constructive criticism

Replies

• monk_ty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to post some recent works of mine to show where I'm starting at right now. There are some very obvious and glaring flaws I can see, but getting feedback is important as well as being able to see myself where the problems lie. I want to definitely practice using forms in my work and improving on the actual design of characters. I hope to practice some more rendered and realistic work too. As I don't have a strong base in many fundamentals, I plan on working with them a lot more in this sketchbook. Again, any advice is more than welcome! 

• monk_ty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So something I really wanted to work on was my fundamentals, specifically form and making my art look less flat. The second picture has some gestures/figure studies I did. I feel like I improved a little, but much needs to be done. The top picture was my attempt to make a character without them feeling so flat. I think I did okay, but I haven't practiced fabrics nearly as much, so sometimes I think my skills with clothes (or lack thereof) makes it hard to see. Please, if you have any feedback I'd be happy to hear it!