Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Opulence demon lady

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
Hey. I'm working on this sketch. I'd love an additional pairs of eyes which could point out what's not working.

The first render is from Marmoset Toolbag 3 with some retouching in Procreate:

I've decided to move rendering to Blender. Here is a Cycles test:

I certainly need to make gold more pronounced... The horns need more detail and hair needs some attention. I need to add the nails in the next render. Forgot to export them ;)

Any opinion helps.

Replies

• HarlequinWerewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HarlequinWerewolf polycounter
    Biggest thing to me is the necklace she's holding in her mouth. It's not obvious at first glance, especially in the first render; I thought she just had a weird line over her face. I would make sure the pendant is lit more or even make the pendant bigger. 

On a personal note, the marmoset render definitely has more personality in the colouring but you could defo achieve the same thing in cycles with some work :+1:

• MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    @HarlequinWerewolf @JustAfterDark you are both right. I need to figure that out. It helps to use an IBL. That makes gold pop since it has something to reflect. Unfortunately that's the only benefit of IBL. I want to go for a pretty dramatic lighting and I'm failing to combine my lighting setup with an HDRI image :/

There is a lot of other stuff that needs fixing so I didn't get to it yet. I have experimented a bit with the pose but went back to the same one. I'm still fixing the face expression. There is still a lot to do with the body/anatomy. I've tried to improve hair... and I like it less than before...

Well anyways, thank you for your input :) Slowly moving foward!

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Ok dynamic composition on sinister diagonal so far so good but :
    Whats the idea here ?
    What is she doing sitting on something, floating ?
    Why is she chewing on her necklace bored, stressed, period ?
    Whats with her hair is it fire or bad accident at the salon also why dont you continue diagonal using her hair ?
    Why her arms are that small/short ?