Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HMS Victory Diorama (WIP)

jesselarson
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
jesselarson polycounter lvl 2
UE4 setup. Any thoughts on the greybox layout and initial lighting pass? Is it to busy, to bare? The beams, floors and walls are just box brushes for now. I'll take them into Max for a nicer treatment soon.

Replies

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Would be helpful too also post references as well.

Layout & lighting seem fine plus I assume ropes will added later?
  • oraeles77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 7
    i saw someone on Blenderartists making an entire 18th century frigate, fully rigged and animated.
  • jesselarson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi said:
    Would be helpful too also post references as well.

Layout & lighting seem fine plus I assume ropes will added later?
    Yes, I would be adding ropes. Those will really add a lot to the scene. I was planning on making those procedurally in unreal. I've seen it done before but I've never done it myself, so it will be a cool technique to learn.

• jesselarson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 said:
    i saw someone on Blenderartists making an entire 18th century frigate, fully rigged and animated.
    Funny you mention that as, originally, that was my intent. I watched a really good video from Epic the other day about manageable sized projects and I can really relate to what they were saying. Doing big projects sounds cool, especially if you can finish them, but it's a ton of work and it's really easy to get burned out along the way. I want to focus on smaller things for now and maybe as I get better and learn new things I can add to the scope over time.
  • jesselarson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress update. Any thoughts on layout and lighting? Plan to add the ropes this week or next. That will really help the look of it.