Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Trying to solidify the idea before continuing on

Turband
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Turband polycounter lvl 2

Just trying to see what from this I can change before I apply the same design to the rest of the environment.

any feedback welcomed no matter how harsh :)

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I would love to see the plants a lot bushier and more prominent. It looks awesome so far :)
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Besides the 2nd floor and center fountain piece being plane (probably cause of this comment:"before I apply the same design to the rest of the environment.")
    Other than that, i really like the fancy look of this, hope to see some more variety maybe? hanging 'red' curtains or something to break up all the stone.(not an environment person so idk if that works, do what you think is best.)
  • Turband
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love to see the plants a lot bushier and more prominent. It looks awesome so far :)
    Thats a good idea. Ill try to add bigger plants and see how it looks. Thank you! :)
  • Turband
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz said:
    Besides the 2nd floor and center fountain piece being plane (probably cause of this comment:"before I apply the same design to the rest of the environment.")
    Other than that, i really like the fancy look of this, hope to see some more variety maybe? hanging 'red' curtains or something to break up all the stone.(not an environment person so idk if that works, do what you think is best.)
    Yeah, I am looking for things to break up the marble. Red curtains are something that is an idea I have been playing with. Maybe I should try it now. Thank you :)
  • teodar23
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    Solid start for sure.
    The second floor looks a bit "crowded" and i dont think they would have archways anywhere but the ground floor. But not sure about that.
    In order to break up the repetition maybe use some statues and do some fake archways. Like put a wall in the archway and a statue in front of the wall.
    For the fire, i suggest increasing its "width" (i forgot the unreal term for it) and/or reduce its specular contribution.

• Turband
    Offline / Send Message
    Statues would surely look cool yeah I was thinking about it Good Idea. Actually, I am following the architecture from a real place. 
    https://tinyurl.com/y6a23eyc
    And I followed the upstairs design from the reference. 
    For the fire are you talking about the post itself, the light, or the particle effect?