Home Technical Talk

[blender] bake texture from uv2 to uv1

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Tosyk polycounter lvl 12
Hi,

I have a model with 2 uv channels and 2 textures for each channel. How to bake texture from uv2 to uv1 in blender?
does it even possible?

Replies

• birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    I don't know if there's a way to do this in the same model and to be honest I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out unless I expected to do this a lot. I'd duplicate the model instead, select the target UV in the duplicate, plug the map I want to transfer directly in the output material of the source object and bake Selection to Active Emission maps for each texture.
  • Tosyk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tosyk polycounter lvl 12
    thanks for the glance, @birb ! the reason I want to know it is because I wan to create a bunch of scripts to be able to drag'n'drop my model to command BAT file which will silently open blender, perform actions I need and then will save new texture next to the original model.

I already did something similar. but regarding the baking textures from uv2 to uv1 I don't even know how to do it manually.

again, as an output of all of this I need a new texture which fits uv1 but was originally made for uv2.
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    Tosyk said:
    thanks for the glance, @birb ! the reason I want to know it is because I wan to create a bunch of scripts to be able to drag'n'drop my model to command BAT file which will silently open blender, perform actions I need and then will save new texture next to the original model.

I already did something similar. but regarding the baking textures from uv2 to uv1 I don't even know how to do it manually.

again, as an output of all of this I need a new texture which fits uv1 but was originally made for uv2.
    I can't see how baking from source to target wouldn't be possible with a bat, just use it to open a blend file with an autorun python script for any more complex task, but anyway, I did a quick test here then and this is what you need to do to achieve the same with a single mesh is:

1. Explicitly use original UV as vector input for texture.
    2. Activate new UV in mesh.
    3. Bake!