Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M48 Kukri Knife

guitarguy00
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
guitarguy00 polycounter lvl 6
Decided to model a small model in Blender to get used to the software. This is my first high-to-low poly model made completely in Blender(modeling and UVs). Baked and rendered in Toolbag, textured in Painter. Many more renders, video and viewer at my Artstation:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g29w3G

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    Heyo this is looking pretty solid, but I'd add a bit more geo along the sharp edge of the blade as I'm seeing a bit of faceting. Do you have some specific references you were using? Without seeing anything else I'd say its feeling a little clean and basic right now. The most interesting material definition is in the handle.
  • guitarguy00
    Offline / Send Message
    Heyo this is looking pretty solid, but I'd add a bit more geo along the sharp edge of the blade as I'm seeing a bit of faceting. Do you have some specific references you were using? Without seeing anything else I'd say its feeling a little clean and basic right now. The most interesting material definition is in the handle.
    Hey there, thanks for the cool comment. You are right about the faceting, but I did try to keep it relatively low-poly. I will use more geo next time though as it would not have increased it by much. These are some of the references I was using, keen to hear more on what you think:

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Cool design though I'd noted that the blade skull logo is etched/stamped via your refs?
  • guitarguy00
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi said:
    Cool design though I'd noted that the blade skull logo is etched/stamped via your refs?
    Hey there, thanks for the comment. The logo is indented into the blade and I did have a negative height value in Painter but probably should have had more depth as it is just a normal detail afterall.