Home Marmoset

Hexels as a possible tool for projective animated 'engineering diagrams' or ...

Hi, I came across Hexels as I'm trying to create/commission some "animated engineering diagrams" for a metrology (measurement science)  website. Think a bit like a black and white line engineering  drawings , oblique or isometric projection, with an animation showing things like angles changing and their numerical impact.  Crossover of a Haynes manual and an Open University video. Camera frame probably doesn't change, but objects may animate (in 3D).
Anyway - Hexels has a bit of this (easy isometric, animation) but is missing a chunk (words, numbers) and it's fundamentally 2D.
I think I want 3D, but don't care about lighting, polys, camera movement ; just want black and white lines and dynamic annotations with numbers( e.g. a changing length).

Any guidance on tools - crack on with Hexels and accept the 2D and text limitations, or move to a full 3D package and use 1% of the functionality (and probably have issues with the 3d projection - e.g. I want all the lines to project to a constant  rendered width regardless of distance, as if it was an engineering drawing)

Thanks
(I've got an ok 3d maths understanding, but am not across 3D animation packages)