Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Victorian City

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Ashervisalis high dynamic range
Hey gang, it's time for my next project! I'm going to make a stylized environment inspired by Bloodborne. I'll not be going off a concept image, as I'd like some art in my portfolio to claim as something which came from my head (myself and a 2D artist friend (Hudson Partridge) having been banging out some concept ideas). I've spent some time collecting a ton of reference for the scene;

What I've got for composition so far;

I understand this scene is going to be a big undertaking, so I'll definitely be making lots of use of tiling textures, trim sheets, and especially modular pieces. A lot of the buildings in the background will be billboards, so I'll be seeing how simple I can get away with. I'll also be placing a big emphasis on running as much as I can through ZBrush to give it that super stylized look. I've got a couple of character artists interested in working with me on this scene to give it life, and am currently trying to figure out how to put a cool character or two in here. I know I'll be putting in gargoyles, and those themselves will be a lot of work, but I'm not sure if I want to give away the gargoyles because they'll be a lot of fun :P

If anybody has any critique along the way, I'd love to hear it.

Replies