Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tea Cup

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Zimzelen polycounter lvl 4
So I saw this piece by Valentina Remenar and immediately started making it in Blender, then I've come to a point where I know it's missing somethings and I wasn't sure how I should continue. Left it alone, came back and still kind of stumped and contemplating just calling it finished.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Original Concept by Valentina Remenar - artstation.com/artwork/YeBB63

Replies

• Zimzelen
    Offline / Send Message
    Added a slight bump to one of the pattern textures.
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    The gold outter rim on the plate is much bigger in the concept than what you have, maybe try to make the clear part of the glass look thicker? stronger at the base the way it looks in the concept is really nice, maybe cheat it and double the clear part and put it inside ?
    All i got atm.  Nice.
    edit, that brown color you added is "clear" looking or grey in the concept.
  • Zimzelen
    Offline / Send Message

I THINK I made the glass thickness a bit more varied in places, along with actually making it distort the view through it. Tried making the cherries a bit more cherry-like. It's still kind of far from the original piece but I'm starting to be more pleased my this, very much so in comparison to where I was stuck at.
  • Zimzelen
    Offline / Send Message
    Last couple of renders were just messing around with Compositing, trying to get the best colors and values. Though looking at my previous posted pic I suddenly have doubts I improved anything  =):# . I think I better wrap this up and call it FINISHED before I spend even more time tweaking values.